To: eucalyptus-general @ eucalyptus-systems.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:27 PM
Subject: [Eucalyptus-general] Eucalyptus 1.6.2-rc1 / Euca2ools
1.2-rc1release candidates now available

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the release candidate
(RC) -- v1.6.2rc1 -- for Eucalyptus Version 1.6.2, the next version of
Eucalyptus.

The RCs are intended for beta testers who are willing to try out
recently developed software, which is still in the process of being
field tested and documented.  In addition, we do not recommend
upgrading your production Eucalyptus installation to this release
candidate, as upgrades are only supported between released versions of
the software.

If you are a user who is interested in trying the latest code, helping
us to harden the next release, or providing feedback on the new
system, please install the RC on a fresh system. We look forward to
receiving your feedback, bug reports, patches, etc., via the
discussion forum.  To get started, visit our downloads page, where you
can get the Eucalyptus 1.6.2rc1 and Euca2ools 1.2rc1 source and
packages:

  http://open.eucalyptus.com/release-candidate

=== Eucalyptus Version 1.6.2 Release Candidate 1 ===

Eucalyptus 1.6.2 is a point release in the Eucalyptus 1.6 series that
primarily contains a number of performance, management, and stability
improvements over previous versions.

  * Back-end (CC/NC) scale improvements.

  * Fixes to Walrus for specific use cases, bugs and stability, as
    well as beta support for the S3 server logging API.

  * Storage controller scalability improvements.

  * Updated packages for current versions of supported distributions.

Again, we would like to thank all Eucalyptus users for providing your
valuable feedback and contributions, and look forward to hearing from
you about your experiences with the Eucalyptus 1.6.2rc1!

Best regards,
The Eucalyptus Team